Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Monday, May 11, 2009

Chupacabra Report


News That Gets My Goat..

Sunday the Chronicle reprinted a NYT article about Republicans in Congress, who after unanimously opposing Obama’s stimulus package and budget, are starting to cross over and vote with the majority on other issues.

I saw this as a hopeful, if not significant sign, but the warm fuzzies soon fell away when I got to the weekly “how they voted” feature about how the Texas delegation voted on selected bills.

This week’s issue dealt with banking reform, and I soon saw that my Congressman, Pete Olson, was on the wrong side of all three votes.

House Resolution 1728, a bill to outlaw abusive practices associated with subprime loans and the U.S. housing meltdown passed by a vote of 300 to 14. Twelve of those fourteen votes against came from the Texas Republican House delegation, including Rep. Olson. I’ll have to write to him again and warn him that he’s going to make himself about as relevant as Ron Paul. Whatever he thinks, next year the people in his district are going to find themselves a candidate who’s not from batshit.

I know what his trouble is; he’s trying to vote like Phil Gramm would. He needs to realize that Gramm hasn’t won an election in thirteen years, and that he’s lucky if he doesn’t end up in jail like some other UBS executives who peddled illegal Swiss bank tax evasion schemes.

2 Comments:

At 6:31 AM , Blogger Lulu Maude said...

phil gramm--ewww.

your state is lucky to have you--the way you stay up on the issues and votes.

 
At 7:39 PM , Blogger liquiddaddy said...

Lulu,

Next week look for the sexy cheerleaders concealed handgun bill.

Can't wait.

LD

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home