Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Monday, April 27, 2009

RE: to Kool Aid fwd.

Remember when Bush was taking the country to war and people who asked questions were vilified? Remember that Phil Donohue and Bill Mahar lost their TV shows because they allowed opposing viewpoints to be expressed? The word treason was used, and the line "either with us or against us."

What is so different today?Our president was elected (with a majority in the popular vote and the electoral vote) to address monumental problems inherited from the previous administration, and before he was even sworn in the hacks on Fox News are screaming and crying and calling names.

Our stupid governor, Rick Perry jumped on the wingnut bandwagon with Glen Beck, Chuck Norris, and Pat Boone and is giving aid and comfort to the right wing militia gun nuts talking about revolution and secession.Perry is doing this because he faces a tough opponent in a Rep. primary next year. I don't know what's wrong with those other people, but I expect that it has something about which side their bread is buttered on.

Did you see my post on April 15th? I noted that my federal income tax bill this year equals three months health insurance premiums for our family of four.I do not look to the GOP for help on this front. They had their chance. Most Americans agree and voted so last fall.

I have been working to get my representatives to support the president's efforts to get this country out of the ditch, lest this recession become a real depression.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home