Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Friday, October 17, 2008

Levi Stubbs, 1936-2008


Levi Stubbs, the talented baritone who sang lead vocals for The Four Tops, died today after a long illness. The Tops signed with Motown in 1963 and brought us Baby I Need Your Lovin, I Can’t Help Myself, It’s the Same Old Song, Reach Out I’ll Be There, Standing in the Shadows of Love, Bernadette, and Ain’t No Woman (Like the One I’ve Got).

He was preceded in death by Tops Lawrence Payton and Obie Benson.

I trust that Clineice, his wife of forty-eight years, their five children, and surviving Tops Duke Fakir and Theo Peoples know what joy The Four Tops brought us these past decades.

2 Comments:

At 7:22 PM , Blogger Lulu Maude said...

A beautiful cat, to be sure.

Shine on brightly, Levi.

 
At 1:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some may feel squeamish about eating it, but rabbit has a fan base that grows as cooks discover how easy they are to raise — and how good the meat tastes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home