Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

You Know You're a Texan If..(Vol.V) - Food

1. No 3 Dinner: beef enchilada, cheese enchilada (with onions) tamale, chalupa compuesta, crispy taco, chili con queso, guacamole salad, rice beans, corn tortillas, sopapillas with honey, flan, iced tea or Carta Blanca Beer

2. Bar-B-Que Plate: sliced beef, ribs, chicken, sausage, potato salad, pinto beans, sauce, jalapenos, dill pickles, onion slices, sliced white bread, pecan pie, Big Red Soda or Lone Star Beer

3. Red Beans and Rice: kielbasa, corn bread, iced tea or Bud

4. This Is It: turkey wings, white rice, collard greens, candied yams, hot rolls, peach cobbler, iced tea

5. Back Again: ox tails, mashed potatoes (brown gravy) field peas, garden salad, sliced white bread, iced tea

6. The Captains Platter: gulf shrimp (boiled and fried) fried oysters, fried catfish, french fries, coleslaw, hush puppies, iced tea or Bud

7. The Wagon Wheel: chick fried steak, mashed potatoes (cream gravy) sweet corn, pinto beans, hot rolls, apple pie, iced tea or Shiner Bock Beer

8. Wurst Fest: bratwurst, wiener schnitzel, sour kraut (purple and white) pan potatoes, mustard, wheat rolls, BEER

9. State Fair: corn dogs, funnel cakes, fried ice cream, roasted peanuts, nachos, sausage on a stick, frito pies, beer, Coke, Dr. Pepper

10. whatever mom's cooking

2 Comments:

At 12:35 PM , Blogger Lulu Maude said...

Yum!

Deep in my gut, I must be a Texan.

I think of that great Lyle Lovett song, "I know you're not from Texas, Texas wants you anyway."

 
At 6:35 AM , Blogger liquiddaddy said...

lulu honey,

That was my point, I think.

I was in St. Louis last week and thought, "my god, what do these poor people eat up here?" To see these folks struggling with basic concepts for margaritas and fajitas was sad.

It made me more homesick.

LD

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home