Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Computer voting

I went to vote yesterday at the Moulton VFD. The city turned out in great numbers to register their approval of the Anti-Gay Amendment. It was festive. I have always wondered why people are so damned mad at homosexuals. But I am gonna back off from this issue a little since it is quite devisive among very well meaning folks on both sides.

They had one touch screen vote machine running. Voters were treated to a cartoonish demonstration of the machine usage by one of the Maeger boys. A very nice young man, who we had previously seen deliver a sermon at the Old Moulton Baptist Church. He cleverly employed a painting technique to produce a canvas of a Bible story contemporaneous to his talk. It was magical. At the end, he damped the church lights to reveal shimmering Angels all around the Heavenly cracking thunderbolts of Our Mighty Pissed - Off God, summoned by David to smite the wailing sodomites of Gamorrah, in a spastic paint-smeared orgy of Christian Justice. Whew! Is this the perfect guy to show everybody how they will be voting for the rest of their lives, or what? Hey, I got a choice for a paper ballot instead of the computer, which I selected and completed. They then took my completed paper ballot and shoved in into a "scanner" that appeared a lot like a paper shreader. So, I guess I voted by computer any damn way, didn't I?

Incidently, I understand that the Maegers, who are all seemingly top-notch folks, were once Amish, but were summarily excommunicated for praying with non-Amish during a blizzard in Montana. They are now, of course, Baptists.

Well, thank God homos can't get married in Texas :[

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home