Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Quiz Time

Can you identify the Kinks song from these bits of Ray Davies’ excellent lyrics?




1: “Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty”

A) Demon Alcohol

B) Dead End Street

C) Hatred

D) Sunny Afternoon

2: “I got no ambition, I’m just disillusioned”

A) Till the End of the Day

B) David Watts

C) Wonderboy

D) Twentieth Century Man

3: “He’d end up blowing all his wages for the week”

A) Sitting on My Sofa

B) Dedicated Follower of Fashion

C) Come Dancing

D) Who’ll Be the Next in Line

4: “What you need is a change, find a job, get a chick”

A) Holiday Romance

B) See My Friends

C) Mr Pleasant

D) Permanent Wave

5: “People so busy, male me feel dizzy, taxi lights shine so bright”

A) Till the End of the Day

B) King Kong

C) Waterloo Sunset

D) Jack the Idiot Dunce

6: “I Don’t Want to Die in a Nuclear War”

A) Superman

B) Apeman

C) No More Looking Back

D) Black Messiah



7: “Waves hit the shore but the people recover and come back for more”

A) Complicated Life

B) Death of a Clown

C) Autumn Almanac

D) Life Goes On

8:“Where are all the people going, round and round till they reach the end”

A) Dandy

B) Do It Again

C) Sleepwalker

D) Misfits

9: “Cause He’s Liable to Turn and Bite”

A) Tired of Waiting for You

B) Set Me Free

C) Sitting in My Hotel

D) Celluloid Heroes

10: “I’m Not the World’s Most Masculine Man”

A) This Is Where I Belong

B) Shangri-La

C) Lola

D) Victoria

Answers: 1-D, 2-D, 3-C, 4-D, 5-C, 6-B, 7-D, 8-B, 9-D, 10-C



 

1 Comments:

At 9:18 AM , Blogger Julia B. said...

Sorry, can't edit on this infernal machine.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home