Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Friday, December 04, 2009

The Armed Citizen

Juan Rodriguez never even knew the names of the people who rented the house across the street.
He was asleep at 2 a.m. on Thursday when a single gunshot rang out in his northwest Harris County cul-de-sac. Three armed men had just robbed his neighbors. Rodriguez grabbed his handgun and ran outside.
“I have my gun!” Rodriguez yelled.
His words were answered by a barrage of bullets, said his ex-wife, Olga Contreras.
“It sounded like a machine gun,” said Contreras, who lived with Rodriguez. “I immediately threw myself on the floor. With all that gunfire, I just knew that he'd been shot.”
Rodriguez, 39, died at Ben Taub General Hospital. His neighbors disappeared before deputies arrived. Investigators said they believe the robbery he interrupted was drug-related.
(The Houston Chronicle, Houston, TX, 12/4/09)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home