Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Praise the Lord and Trash the Constitution

I saw Tim Russert in New Hampshire ask the Dem. Candidates to name their favorite Bible verse, and they all trotted out something, most of them citing the Sermon on the Mount. I wished somebody had whipped out something odd, funny, or twisted, maybe “Go up you baldhead!” from 2nd Kings.

Tonight on Crooks and Liars I saw a great response, check it out:

Stanley Rosenthal Says:
BTW: All the candidates have gotten the question Tim Russert asked (What’s your favorite quote from the bible?) wrong.

The correct answer is “I’m not gonna give you my favorite quote from the Bible. I’m gonna give you my favorite quote from the Constitution: “The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the members of the several state legislatures, and all executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and of the several states, shall be bound by oath or affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.” (Article IV)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home